road network in Europe.
A team event
No frills Unsupported
Riding as a team of 2–4 you’ll aim to cover a twisting, technical course in a given time. Teams navigate using only GPS files and a Garmin. You must pass through manned & unmanned control points en route to ensure you stay on course. You are in charge of your own navigation, mechanicals and safety. Delegate duties in advance - planning and organisaion are essential - Murphy's Law applies
Gravel - Ulster Style
Belgians have their cobbles, Italians their strade bianche, USA have their gravel. We have Boreens - rough, narrow roads used by livestock & machinery. Surface dressed, potholed with a grass strip up the middle, they ride like compacted gravel but can get way rougher. The event is for Cyclocross, Gravel or MTBs.
Highway code | GPS
- The event use open, public roads – the Highway Code applies at all times.
- Boreens are narrow, twisted roads, classified as C Roads –– ride single file and to the left.
- Road directions are not marked/sprayed.
- All navigation is via 2 GPS files, downloaded prior to the event..
- Upload and check GPS files BEFORE travelling to the event